My love

My love

Sunday, February 14, 2010

What's happening

Ok so here I am again on the computer. Just recently, I moved to live with Aunt Donna and her family. It has not been easy but I believe it is what I am supposed to be doing. Because of this change, many other changes have also taken place.

I got a new laptop! Ok so it isn't really mine but it will be once I can pay it off. Since I moved to Donna's I could not pass on having a desktop because there is no place to put one. So I was going to just rent a laptop from BYU computer rentals. That would have cost me $30 a month though and after school was over, I would have had to return the laptop to the rental place. LAME!!! So I asked mom and dad if they could buy me a laptop and I could pay them monthly instead. That way, I'll be able to keep the laptop after paying it all off. I love my laptop! It is so much more convenient than having a rental desktop.

Donna's family is a hoot! They have been so good to me since I came to live here. Donna is always so sweet and her kids are adorable. I am planning on staying here until the end of the summer. Hopefully that will help me save more money.

In the spring, I will be going to my field school for Archaeology. It will be here in Utah Valley so it will not be too far to drive there everyday. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! I absolutely love my major. I am so glad that I chose Archaeology. It is so much fun and I am loving it!

I am a TA again this semester. It has been really good so far. Now that I know what I'm doing, it has been easier for me to handle the things that I need to handle. It is easier for me to see what the students need to know to make it easier for everyone. My students are great and most of them are Freshman. The only thing wrong with that is that they don't like to talk much in class so it's mostly me talking during the class periods. I've been able to think up some good ideas for activities to get them talking though so it has been better. They have a midterm essay due on soon and I've been doing the best I can to help prepare them for it. Hopefully it will go well for them.

It is midterm week here now so I've been pretty busy. All the tests and essays that I do though do not feel like too much work because they are about things that I find to be so interesting. I love learning about all this archaeology stuff. I have also been looking into the things I can do with my major. Something that I am really interested in is forensic anthropology. Ruth knows what I'm talking about (Bones). I'm not sure if I could stomach all the gore but I think it would be so cool. This would be a good steady job for me. Going on digs and stuff is not very good for making money so this is one of my options that I'm looking into. I probably wouldn't be able to handle the gross stuff though so maybe I could just handle the bones that have already been cleaned. I don't know just a possibility I guess.

Well thats all I can think to write for now so I'll be signing off. Oh and Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you need to start wathing the TV show 'Bones'. Mom Na I watch it sometimes and ti tis quit interesting how they discover things from the study of the bones form crime senes.

    Love - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryl--I'm glad you started a blog! That's good living with your aunt is going pretty well.
    Do you have my blog? It's brittandaaron.blogspot.com, in case you don't..
    love ya!
    -Britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad, I watch that show all the time. In fact, I have seen every single episode! Thats what got me interested in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like we should spend more time talking, cause then we can be forensic anthropologist together :) I'm glad this semester is going better for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome Mary! I'm so glad you found something you love doing and a nice place to live. Love and miss you, Becky

    ReplyDelete