Winter semester is over now. I did well in most of my classes and I am done! at least for another few days. I will be starting my Field School on April 27th. I AM REALLY REALLY REALLY EXCITED. Although the excavations will be just south of Utah lake(not very exciting) it is going to be my first real experience as an archaeologist. I will be in the hot sun all day(or the chilling cold)but I wont mind because I will be digging up artifacts and learning about the past.
I don't think I ever told you guys why I want to be an archaeologist. It gets onto the spiritual side so if you would rather not hear about that then you can skip to the next paragraph. I love archaeology so much but you know me, I'm not exactly the kind of girl you might see on her hands and knees in the mud with dirt in her fingernails but I still know I'm going to love it. I love archaeology for many reasons but the reason that I find the most meaningful is this: I dig up artifacts so I can tell the story of the person who used them. They were never able to tell their story when they were alive and now it is like they never even existed. The world has forgotten about them almost completely. I believe it is my duty to let the world know about them and what they did in their life. I believe this work is important to Heavenly Father so it is important to me.
Well, I know with a certainty that Heavenly Father loves me. There is no way that I could possibly ever doubt it. Not after today. Today I recieved an email telling me that I had a message in my Finacial account at BYU. I assumed it was another rejection of finacial aid or something like that so I went to my financial center to read it. I opened up the message that was titled: BYU scholarships 2010-11 notifications. And the very first line read:
"Dear Mary:
Congratulations on your commitment, preparation, and citizenship. Brigham Young University is pleased to award you the following:"
After this the message told me that I was going to recieve full tuition for Fall 2010 and Winter 2011!!!!!!! I started to freak out! Richard was on the phone talking to Donna in the other room and I ran in and yelled that I got a full tuition scholarship for next year!!! He told Donna on the phone and we were all really excited. I kept screaming about how happy I was! I immediately called Mom and Dad so I could tell them about it and they were happy too! of course they were! It really does take such a load off of me and them.
Anyway so thats the story. Another great thing that has happened in the past few months is that I have lost almost 10 pounds! I am really loving life right now and I know someone is looking out for me. Thank you everyone for your love and support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

mary that's SO awesome!! you deserve it! i am so happy for you--a full tuition scholarship is huge. congrats!! :)
ReplyDeletep.s. thanks for helping me out at the hospital. you're such a good friend. :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go Sista!!! you rock! I'm so happy for you too! Love you!
ReplyDeleteHOW COOL MARY!!!! I am so happy for you. I remember a similar thing happening to me when I was in Scotland and it was such a faith promoting experience. I love you!!
ReplyDeleteMary, You deserve the scholorship. You are awsome. We are so excited for you. I am also so proud of you for losing 10 pounds especially since you did it living with me. That should count for double, maybe even triple. By the way, there are still brownies on the counter that need eaten. Don't forget to get one before you go to bed.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much everyone! and thanks for the support Donna ;)
ReplyDelete