Hey everybody! I'm back at school now with loads to blog about!
This summer has been really great. I was able to do my Field School through BYU this Spring term and it was really fun. I had an amazing experience. We were digging at a site south of Utah Lake near a small town called Goshen. The place is called Wolf Village. On this site there were four separate areas which we also called sites. These are the four different main structures that were uncovered during this excavation.
This summer has been really great. I was able to do my Field School through BYU this Spring term and it was really fun. I had an amazing experience. We were digging at a site south of Utah Lake near a small town called Goshen. The place is called Wolf Village. On this site there were four separate areas which we also called sites. These are the four different main structures that were uncovered during this excavation.
We found a ton of cool stuff that the people used while they lived here. It was inhabited by the Fremont Indians who lived from about AD 700-1300. We found a few figurines made of unfired clay. We also found a ton of ceramics and lithics (chippings from the making of spear points). It was so cool to be able to find these things because these ancient people used these artifacts and tools and they used them so long ago. It is kind of cool to have that connection with the past. Here are some more pictures.
So I had a really awesome time and I hope that I will be able to do it again sometime. This is all I have time to blog right now. I've got to go move in to my new apartment. More will come soon.





We are glad you are back!!!!
ReplyDelete